Why this matters
- 100-y-old oral surgeon Walter Guralnick, MD, DMD, still comes to work most days to the oral and maxillofacial surgery department at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston.
- He no longer see patients, but works training residents.
- Dr. Guralnick has been a giant in his field, chairing the department at MGH and pioneering the concept of having oral surgeons pursue dual degrees in dentistry and medicine.
- He helped found what is now Delta Dental and served for many years as its president.
- "I haven't retired, because my interes...