ALK+ NSCLC: alectinib tops crizotinib in head-to-head trial
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- Treatment with alectinib (Alecensa) resulted in superior PFS compared with crizotinib (Xalkori) in ALK inhibitor-naive patients with ALK-positive NSCLC.
- These findings could potentially change the standard of care for the first-line treatment of ALK-positive NSCLC.
- Phase 3 randomized trial that directly compared alectinib with crizotinib in 207 Japanese patients with ALK+NSCLC; cohort was randomly assigned to alectinib (n=103) or crizotinib (n=104).
- Funding: Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd.
- Median PFS was significantly superior with alectinib (not estimable [NE]) vs crizotinib (10.2 mo; HR, 0.34; stratified log-rank test P<.0001).
- PFS was consistently superior with alectinib in the first-line setting (NE for alect...