Anti-citrullinated peptide antibodies a bad sign for RA patients in remission
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- This group previously reported on CRRP prognostic markers in moderate- to high-disease activity patients with RA.
- CRRP can occur despite clinical remission or LDA, perhaps because of residual synovitis.
- 3 strong prognostic factors for CRRP at 1 y were found. They were:
- ACPA positivity (OR, 15.2; P=.0007).
- Time-integrated disease activity score in 28 joints-erythrocyte sedimentation rate during 1 y (7.85-unit increase; OR, 1.83; P=.036).
- Baseline modified total Sharp score on radiographs (13-unit increase; OR, 1.22; P=.0073).
- 35% of ACPA-positive patients relapsed during 1 y vs 19% of ACPA-negative patients (P=.011).