ASCO 2017 - ALL: 75% in phase 1/2 trial of KTE-C19 achieved MRD-CR
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- At a maximum tolerated dose of 2×106 CAR T cells/kg, 6 of 8 efficacy-evaluable patients achieved MRD-CR in this phase 1/2 trial of the anti-CD19 CAR T-cell therapy KTE-C19 (axicabtagene ciloleucel).
Why this matters
- The autologous CAR T-cell therapy showed promise in relapsed/refractory B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in the ZUMA-1 trial.
- ZUMA-3 continues to enroll patients.
- Single-group, open-label, multicenter study to determine the therapy's safety and efficacy in patients with R/R ALL (n=11).
- Primary endpoint: incidence of dose-limiting toxicity.
- After conditioning with cyclophosphamide+fludarabine, patients received either 1×106 or 2×106 CAR T cells/kg.
- Funding: Kite Pharma Inc.
- Patients had 1-4 prior lines of therapy and high disease burden (...