CMML: decitabine shows efficacy, even in proliferative disease
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- Decitabine (Dacogen) demonstrated encouraging efficacy in patients with chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML), including patients with proliferative disease.
Why this matters
- CMML is associated with poor prognosis.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant is currently the only potentially curative treatment option.
- Phase 2 study to investigate the safety and efficacy of decitabine in 43 patients with CMML; two-thirds of patients had proliferative disease.
- Funding: Fondazione Italiana Sindromi Mielodisplastiche Onlus (FISMOnlus).
- Median of 6 treatment cycles.
- 62% received all 6 cycles.
- 47.6% response, but onl...