- A study of health-related quality of life scores from a phase III study in BRAF Val600 mutation-positive metastatic melanoma found combination dabrafenib + trametinib to provide benefits over vemurafenib monotherapy
- Pre-specified prospective analysis of HRQoL from a Phase III, open-label, randomised study (COMBI-v) of patients with BRAF Val600 mutation-positive metastatic melanoma
- Study population: 704 patients
- Treatment: 352 patients were randomized to receive dabrafenib (150 mg twice-daily) and trametinib (2 mg once-daily); 352 patients were randomized to receive vemurafenib monotherapy (960 mg twice-daily) orally as first-line therapy
- Key measurements: HRQoL in the intention-to-treat population with the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer quality of life (EORTC QLQ-C30), EuroQoL-5D (EQ-5D), and Melanoma Subscale of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Melanoma (FACT-M)
- High rate of questionnaire completion: 95% at baseline, 80% at follow-up ...