Etanercept works for psoriasis patients after they lose response to adalimumab
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- Patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis who stopped responding to adalimumab (Humira) had a satisfactory response to etanercept (Enbrel) even if they had anti-adalimumab antibodies (ADA).
- Some patients who take TNF inhibitor therapy lose response to them over time.
- Phase 4, open-label, single-arm estimation study including 64 patients who had achieved static physician global assessment (sPGA) score of 0/1 on adalimumab but lost response.
- Loss of response defined as sPGA ≥3 or loss of 50% improvement in Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI 50).
- Patients then received etanercept 50 mg twice a week for 12 wk and then 50 mg weekly for 12 wk.
- ADA measured ...