FDA approves brodalumab for moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has just approved brodalumab (Siliq) for adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
- Brodalumab is given via injection.
- Brodalumab is intended for patients who have failed to respond or have stopped responding to other systemic therapies.
- Some patients do not respond or stop responding to currently available therapies.
- Brodalumab's approval is based on 3 randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials including 4373 adult participants.
- More patients treated with broadalumab achieved clear or almost clear skin compared with a placebo group.
- Study results found an elevated risk for suicidal ideation and behavior with brodalumab.
- The drug's labeling includes a Boxed Warning, and the drug is only available t...