FIrst guidelines for screening pediatric psoriasis patients for comorbidities
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- An expert panel created the first set of guidelines for screening pediatric patients with psoriasis for comorbidities.
- The guidelines will need to be updated as more research becomes available.
- Psoriasis often begins in childhood, making early identification of comorbidities critical to maintaining optimal health.
- Research has identified an array of comorbidities associated with adult psoriasis.
- Literature review of articles on psoriasis and comorbidities on PubMed from January 1999 through December 2015, which identified 153 manuscripts, 26 involving pediatric patients.
- A panel including experts convened and used the patient-centered Strength of Recommendation Taxonomy (SORT) method to assess the evidence.
- Funding: National Psoriasis Foundation; Rady Childre...