- Frequent self-weighing delays or prevents the development of type 2 diabetes (T2D).
Why this matters
- Adding frequent self-weighing to lifestyle modification programs could be an effective strategy to delay or prevent diabetes in a real-world setting.
- Japanese researchers randomly assigned persons (age 29-65) identified with impaired fasting glucose to an intervention arm (n=1240) or a control arm (n=1367).
- A weight scale with a storage function let participants transmit accumulated data to a lifestyle support center.
- Those in the intervention arm received goal-focused lifestyle support by healthcare providers via telephone while the control arm did not.
- 77% of participants in the in...