- Significant increases in transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), left atrial appendage (LAA) closure, primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), and other procedures signal growth of interventional cardiology among the 16-country European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions.
Why this matters
- The reports are part of an effort to restore regular surveys of interventional cardiology among European Society of Cardiology countries.
Percutaneous coronary intervention
- PCI rate remained steady in most countries.
- Significant increase in primary PCI, including 15% increase in Italy and a 6-fold increase in Egypt.
- Transradial approach increased in all countries.
- Use of coronary angiography increased across the board, more than doubling in Kazakhstan, nearly triplin...