- Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch's confirmation hearings are likely to include discussion of his outspoken views about physician-assisted suicide.
- Gorsuch has written extensively against aid in dying, including a 2006 book, The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia.
Why this matters
- Citing the "inviolability" of human life, Gorsuch wrote that he opposes giving terminally ill people drugs to bring about death.
- He suggested that allowing aid in dying could lead to the abuse of vulnerable people.
- An advocate for Compassion & Ch...