Guselkumab superior to Humira in phase 3 trial for moderate to severe psoriasis
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- In VOYAGE 1 trial, guselkumab was superior to adalimumab (Humira) in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis.
Why this matters
- Results allow clinicians to tailor treatment to patient needs.
- Phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo and active comparator controlled trial.
- 329 patients randomly assigned to guselkumab 100 mg (wk 0, 4, then every 8 wk).
- 174 patients randomly assigned to placebo/guselkumab (placebo wk 0, 4, 12; guselkumab at wk 16, 20, then every 8 wk).
- 334 patients randomly assigned to adalimumab (80 mg wk 0, 40 mg wk 1, then 40 mg every 2 wk through wk 47).
- Outcome measured via Investigator Global Assessment, Psoriasis Area and Severity Index, Dermatology Life Quality Index, Psoriasis Symptoms and Signs Diary through wk 48.
- Funding: ...