We screened 748 studies on Gynecologic Cancer this month. These are the most important.
Lifetime ovulatory cycles linked to ovarian cancer risk in black women
- As the number of lifetime number of ovulatory cycles increased, so did the risk for epithelial ovarian cancer in black women, especially among younger women.
- More study is needed to understand the underlying biological mechanism behind this association.
Endometrial cancer: radiotherapy is safe, beneficial in elderly patients
- The standard of care in endometrial cancer includes surgery, but elderly patients may have comorbidities that make them unsuitable candidates.
- Radiation therapy can improve OS, according to a systematic review of 13 studies.
Bariatric surgery tied to 44% reduced risk for endometrial cancer
- Bariatric surgery is associated with reduced risk for female-specific cancers, including those of the breast, endometrium, and ovary, according to a prospective study.
Previous Vitals on Gynecologic Cancer: February '17,
Other recent Vitals: