- Inclisiran dramatically lowered PCSK9 and LDL among patients at high cardiovascular risk who had elevated LDL.
Why this matters
- Additional therapies are required for patients on statins who are at high risk for cardiovascular events.
- Among patients (n=501) who underwent randomization, those who received inclisiran had dose-dependent reductions in PCSK9 and LDL.
- At day 180, the least-squares mean reductions in LDL levels were 27.9 to 41.9% after a single dose of inclisiran and 35.5 to 52.6% after two doses (P <0.001 for all comparisons vs placebo).
- The two-dose 300-mg inclisiran regimen produced the greatest reduction in LDL levels: 48% of the patients who received the regimen had an LDL level below 50 mg per deciliter at day 180.
- At day 240, PCSK9 and LDL levels remained signi...0.001>