- New guidelines from the American Thyroid Association (ATA) are the first evidence-based guidelines for the management of thyroid disease in pregnancy issued by the ATA since 2011.
- Thyroid disease during pregnancy is a common problem.
- Many changes in the field since 2011.
- For each existing clinical question, a literature search was performed, literature was reviewed, and recommendations were made and reviewed by the panel.
- The panel also extended earlier guidelines to include thyroid disease during lactation, and treatment of thyroid disease in infertile women and women using assisted reproductive technology, as well as treating thyroid disease in newborns.
- Funding: ATA. Task force members have received consulting fees from GmbH and Veracyte, am...