Panel issues guidelines for use of narrowband ultraviolet B light for vitiligo
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- The Vitiligo Working Group (VWG) Phototherapy Committee has created expert recommendations with regard to use of narrowband ultraviolet B light (NBUVB) in the treatment of vitiligo.
- NBUVB is a component of standard of care treatment for vitiligo.
- There are no consistent guidelines on the dose and administration of NBUVB for vitiligo.
- The VWG Phototherapy Committee evaluated 19 questions regarding the use of NBUVB for vitiligo over the course of 3 conference calls and created recommendations.
- Funding: None. Some authors have relationships with Allergan, Estee Lauder, and other companies.
- Optimal therapy is 3 times per week, though twice a week is acceptable.
- Initial d...