Physical activity protects against adiposity in kids independent of sedentary time
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- Children who spent more time each day in moderate to vigorous physical activity had less adiposity, regardless of how much time they spent in sedentary activities.
- A cross-sectional and longitudinal cohort study among 510 Portuguese school children who were about 10 years old at baseline and 12 years old at follow-up.
- Accelerometry was used to determine time spent in physical activity and in sedentary activities.
- Adiposity outcomes included trunk fat mass, body fat mass, and fat mass index.
- In cross-sectional analyses, the number of minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity daily was...