- Among patients with psoriasis, those with severe psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis were at highest risk for uveitis.
- Patients with mild psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and severe psoriasis without psoriatic arthritis were at moderately increased risk.
- Clinicians can use this information for risk stratification.
- Nationwide, retrospective cohort study including 147,954 people with psoriasis and 147,954 without psoriasis enrolled in the National Health Insurance system in Taiwan.
- 10,107 of the psoriasis cohort also had psoriatic arthritis.
- Funding: Chang Gung Medical Hospital.
- Patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and those with psoriasis only were at higher risk for incident uveitis (adjusted HR, 1.95 [P<.001] and 1.16 [P<.01], respectively) compared with nonpsoriatic control patients.
- When stratified by disease severity, those with severe p...