- Age <25 or >75 y is associated with high-risk histopathologic features in patients with papillary thyroid cancer (PTC).
Why this matters
- Identifying high-risk features might help stratify patient care.
- Patients <25 y had higher rates of extranodal extension compared with patients 25-44 y (20% vs 5%; P=.002).
- Patients <25 y had higher rates of vascular invasion and lymph node metastasis compared with patients aged 45-75 y (23% vs 10% [P<.001] and 45% vs 22% [P=.001], respectively).
- Patients 75 y had higher rates of vas... 25>25>