R/R MM: HDAC inhibitor achieves response in combination with bortezomib and dexamethasone
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- Ricolinostat 160 mg/d in combination with bortezomib and dexamethasone was well tolerated and delivered promising efficacy in patients with relapsed/refractory (R/R) multiple myeloma (MM).
Why this matters
- Resistance to proteasome inhibition is inevitable leading to disease progression.
- Ricolinostat is a selective histone deacetylase (HDAC6) inhibitor which may offer anti-myeloma efficacy in combination with proteasome inhibition.
- Phase 1/2 study to investigate ricolinostat in 72 patients with R/R MM.
- Patients were assigned to 5 ricolinostat monotherapy cohorts and 9 dose cohorts in combination with bortezomib and dexamethasone.
- Funding: Acetylon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- No patients achieved response with ricolinostat monotherapy.
- Overall 29% response with combination therapy; 39% clinical benefit...