- A rural county in Colorado is looking for a physician who will take over an existing clinic for $1 per year in rent.
- The town of Fairplay in Park County, Colorado, has not had a doctor for 3 y, and a part-time nurse practitioner left in December.
Why this matters
- That left the county of 16,000 without medical care. The closest option is 80 miles away over mountain passes.
- The previous physician said she saw about 3500 patients each year, but never made a profit.
- Local officials are considering creating a healthcare district and raising money for it through a sales tax.