Stroke: ASL-identified collateral vessels linked to favorable neurologic outcomes
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- Collateral vessels identified by arterial spin labeling (ASL) MRI are associated with improved neurological outcomes of patients with acute ischemic stroke.
Why this matters
- Robust collaterals have previously been linked to better outcomes, but ASL is a new technique for collateral detection and outcome prediction.
- Collaterals on ASL were associated with lower median modified Rankin Scale (mRS) score at discharge (2 vs 4; P=.005).
- Collaterals on ASL were associated with good outcomes at discharge (mRS score 0-2; 60.0% vs 15.4%; P=.02).
- Collaterals on ASL were associ...