Stroke mortality associated with low magnesium levels
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- Low magnesium levels at admission are associated with in-hospital mortality of patients with acute ischemic stroke.
Why this matters
- Patients with stroke face high in-hospital mortality rates.
- The all-cause in-hospital mortality rate was 3.7%.
- Low serum magnesium was associated increased in-hospital mortality risk (HR, 2.03; P=.014) in multivariate analysis.
- 2485 patients with acute ischemic stroke were analyzed for the association between magnesium level and in-hospital mortality.
- Funding: National Natural Science Foundation of China,...