We screened 498 studies on Stroke this month. These are the most important.
LVO stroke: primary stroke center protocol boosts outcomes
- The treatment effect of mechanical thrombectomy for stroke is time dependent.
- A standardized protocol at primary stroke centers is associated with faster treatment time and improved outcomes for patients with emergent large vessel occlusion (LVO) stroke.
Stroke: should BP abnormalities delay intra-arterial treatment?
- Current guidelines do not contain specific BP recommendations for intra-arterial treatment patients.
- Systolic BP is not associated with the benefit or safety of IAT for acute ischemic stroke, according to a study of 500 patients.
Stroke: cognitive impairment persists in 54% of patients with good functional outcome
- 54.4% of patients with stroke with favorable functional outcomes by modified Rankin Scale (mRS) score were still cognitively impaired at 2-3 y follow-up.
- The mRS scale is widely used but is limited to activities of daily living.
Other recent Vitals: