Study nixes link between HPV vaccine, autoimmune diseases
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- The human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine is not associated with an increased risk for autoimmune diseases (AD).
- Unsupported safety allegations may hinder vaccine uptake, which is already low.
- This is a prospective case-referent study of 478 definite cases of AD matched with 1869 referents.
- Cases at specialized centers in France were females aged 11-25 y with incident ADs (2008-2014).
- Multivariate logistic regression was used to calculate ORs after controlling for family history of ADs, living in France (north/south), co-medications, and co-vaccinations.
- Funding: GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals...