Switching from infliximab to biosimilar may be safe and effective
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
Why this matters
- TNF inhibitors such as infliximab are effective in a range of autoimmune diseases, but are expensive.
- The biosimilar drug CT-P13 may offer a more affordable alternative.
- It was FDA-approved in 2016 for 6 indications despite not being studied individually for each.
- Switching from infliximab is controversial—in part because of concerns about anti-drug antibodies—and few data exist.
- Disease worsening occurred in 53 (26%) patients in infliximab group vs 61 (30%) patients in CT-P13 group.
- −4.4% adjusted risk difference (95% CI, −12.7% to 3.9%) within noninferiority margin.
- Adverse event rates similar between groups.
- Randomized, noninferiority, double-blind, parallel-group, multicenter comparative phase 4...