TIA patients show no benefits from hospital admission
Access to the full content of this site is available only to registered healthcare professionals.
Register to read more
- Hospital admission was associated with similar outcomes as discharge for patients with transient ischemic attack (TIA).
Why this matters
- Current evidence is unclear on the question of hospital admission of patients with TIA.
- 58% of patients were admitted or placed in observation, and 42% were discharged.
- 43% of admitted patients were discharged with a TIA diagnosis, and 26% were discharged with a stroke diagnosis.
- Admitted and discharged patients had similar 1-y composite outcomes after propensity score analysis (15.3% vs 13.3%; OR, 1.17; P=.17).
- 3623 patients diagnose...